SMLC Multi-Axis Models 30, 80 and 160
ORMEC’s ServoWire Motion & Logic Controller (SMLC) is at the center of a complete machine control solution that can meet all of your motion, I/O and networking needs. This platform combines ORMEC's motion engine with high performance PLC capability and world class open standard software. This allows you to focus on solving your application instead of integrating control components.
The ServoWire Motion & Logic Controller (SMLC) features high performance computing capability combined with a true real-time operating system (RTOS). Industry standard Intel 32-bit processors run the QNX RTOS and provide cost effective, robust computing power for even the most demanding multi-axis motion and I/O control applications. SMLCs are used in a wide range of industrial and aerospace markets including packaging, converting, labeling, web & material handling, medical, pharmaceutical, as well as general assembly and winding.
The SMLC provides a multi-tiered, flexible approach to meeting machine I/O requirements. It has the ability to interface high-speed drive based I/O for microsecond position capture and single servo update response to sensor signals. It also provides sub-millisecond programmable limit switch outputs that are tightly coupled to the motion control.
General purpose I/O options are fully supported using WAGO 750 Series Ethernet I/O as well as optional Profibus DP Master. In either case, a wide variety of analog and digital I/O modules can be cost effectively connected to and controlled by the SMLC.
The SMLC reduces system complexity and lowers total installed cost. Servos are daisy-chained and interface to the controller using a standard IEEE-1394b network interface and cabling.
ServoWire Drive Network
ORMEC’s AC brushless servo motors and ServoWire digital servo drives offer guaranteed performance with the SMLC. The result is maximum performance from a tightly integrated, pre-engineered package that simplifies everything from system integration to maintenance.
Fully digital control offers compelling benefits—eliminating manual servo drive setup and providing real-time software access to all parameters. In an SMLC system, the position, velocity and torque loops are all closed by the digital signal processors (DSPs) in the ServoWire Drivesand are based on position commands sent from the SMLC. Velocity observer software eliminates the need for analog tachometers, and potentiometers are eliminated because all gain and compensation parameters are set in software. All loop adjustments are automatically computed when a motor and its load inertia are specified in ServoWire Pro—greatly simplifying servo system tuning.
- Input Voltage: 115/230 VAC 1.0/0.5A (+15%, -20%), 50/60 Hz, single phase
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50C
- Relative Humidity: 10 to 95% @ 40C (non-condensing)
- Weight: Approx.3.1/ 3.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 9.0 x 2.75” x 7.2” (228.6 x 69.9 x 182.9 mm), h x w x d for Model 30 & 80 or 9.0 x 4.25” x 7.2” (228.6 x 108 x 182.9 mm) for Model 160
Processor & Memory
- Main Processor: Industry standard family of Intel 32-bit processors
- DRAM: 128 Mbytes
- Program Memory: 128 Mbytes (Removable Compact Flash)
- Non-Volatile Memory: 32 Kbytes (battery backed)
- All-digital control algorithms featuring velocity and acceleration feedforward for optimal performance.
- High-speed sensor inputs to initiate motion within one position command update.
- High-speed hardware position capture (<1 usec), ideal for use in high-speed registration applications.
- Software controlled position, speed and current (torque) limits.
- Drive fault protection circuits, watchdog timers and integrated diagnostics for fail-safe operation.
- Full 32-bit position count or modulo position in user units
- SMLC Model 30 - 3 axes
- SMLC Model 80 - 8 axes
- SMLC Model 160 - 16 axes
- SMLC I/O: 8 inputs, 8 outputs, 1 analog in, 1 analog out.
- General I/O: 64 modules per WAGO 750 Series bus coupler, up to 512 I/O points connected via Ethernet (Modbus/TCP). Multiple bus couplers can be used for additional I/O.
- Profibus DP Master (optional) supports up to 126 I/O nodes.
- Standard: Three RS-232 serial ports, four on Model 160
- Standard: Two Ethernet 10/100baseT ports with RJ45 connectors
- Standard Protocols: Modbus/RTU slave, Modbus/TCP client & server, Ethernet/IP adapter, Profibus DP Master