N-Series Servo Motors
ORMEC’s N-series AC brushless servo motors provide high torque-to-inertia ratios, excellent continuous torque and peak torque performance in a compact design. These industrial-quality servo motors incorporate high energy, rare earth, neodymium-iron-boron magnets and a highly efficient stator winding design which results in excellent power density.
3-D Solidworks drawings are available, please send your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Continuous Stall Torques - 28 to 620 in-lb (3 to 70 N-m)
- High Peak Torques - 85 to 1,550 in-lb (10 to 175 N-m)
- Output Power - 1000 to 11,000 watts (1 to 15 HP)
- High Maximum Speeds - 2,000 to 6,000 RPM
- Incremental Encoder - resolutions up to one million counts per revolution
- Optional Absolute Encoders - feature multi-rev operation up to 4,096 revolutions
- Class F Insulation - providing long winding life under rated operating conditions
- Minimum Torque Ripple - smooth low-speed performance
- Totally Enclosed Non-Ventilated (TENV) - standard IP-65
- Optional Fail-Safe holding brakes
The N-series servo motors eliminate brush wear maintenance problems, and feature extremely durable construction, which includes heavy duty bearings. Rugged MS connectors provide reliable interconnections.
The performance of these servo motors is a direct function of the factory-matched servo motor/drive combination. ORMEC’s ServoWire® drives provide software controlled all-digital performance for consistent operation that totally eliminates analog potentiometer adjustments. High bandwidth operation and a quality high resolution encoder provide the response and accuracy for demanding applications. Peak torques, up to three times the rated torque, are available for a few seconds, allowing the motor/drive to handle high inertial loads and heavy duty cycle requirements. Each drive’s motor parameters are configured in software for high performance and RMS current limiting.
Absolute Encoder Option
Cost-effective absolute encoder support provides axis position over a range of 4,096 revolutions. In continuous uni-directional operation, the position count continually “wraps” through the full range while maintaining absolute position within the cycle. Position is maintained through power cycles by a lithium battery.