Rotary Knife - Productivity in Motion
In a rotary knife motion control application, a knife axis with one or more blades or dies equally spaced around its circumference matches the web speed while making a cut or impression. Since the product length is seldom equal to the circumference, the knife must speed up or slow down when the die is not in contact with the web.
XD-Indexer Servo Drive, system coupled with an operator touch screen MMI provides a complete system for this application.
Benefits of an ORMEC Solution
- Production flexibility with on-the-fly speed and product changes
- Verification of motion cycles
- Recipe management and touchscreen MMI available for complete system
- Cutting carton inserts, paper and plastic sheets
- Notching paper inserts
- Extrusion and rubber gasket cutoff
- Automotive, Packaging, Paper, Metal, Film