Hardware Upgrade to Version 3 - SMLC
December 21, 2015 – Rochester, New York, USA – ORMEC is pleased to announce the introduction of SMLC Version 3.
Responding to the volatility in the market for electronic components, Version 3 of the SMLC Hardware insures that customers with existing applications can easily transition to the new SMLC without making changes to their existing applications while customers with new application will be ensured a continued long product life cycle.
There will be no changes to the ordering part number for the SMLC’s however, other changes in part numbers and options are as follows.
- SMLC Firmware v4.0.0 or later.
- ServoWire Pro v5.0.0 or later.
- Registered ORMEC users can download files at:
- System Card Part Number; SMLC-SYS3-128
- To transition from previous versions of SMLC to SMLC Version 3
- If in possession of Application Source code, use CODESYS Development Software to download the project to the new system card.
- If NOT in possession of Application Source code;
- Retrieve application specific files from current System Card, including:
- Boot Project
- All Data Files
- Download into new System Card SMLC-SYS3-128 using ServoWire Pro V5.0.0 or later
- LEDs for Power and Disk Activity are no longer present
- SMLC reset is now achieved through cycling of the power to the SMLC
- SMLC-160 was reduced in size requiring the removal of the 4th Serial Port
- Discontinuation of Profibus DP Master.
- Version 3 Hardware of the SMLC can be identified by front labeling.
- As reminder, it is always highly recommended to back-up and store a copy of your application software in a safe and easily accessible location.
ORMEC’s industry experts provide motion control solutions in the aerospace, automotive, energy, medical, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, textile, paper, packaging, metal forming and converting industries. Our systems excel in the most demanding applications including packaging, converting, labeling, web and material handling, as well as general assembly and winding.
Our highly reliable motion control solutions integrate motion controllers, logic control, servo drives, servo motors, linear motors, actuators, HMIs, and I/O into cost-effective factory automation solutions. ORMEC provides application expertise and systems solutions for all types of motion control challenges and offers a team of Systems and Applications Engineers with over 80 years of motion control experience. The company continues to be a leader in the development of motion control solutions and technology, including being the first to introduce an industrial motion control system using a high-speed FireWire network.
For further information visit the ORMEC website at www.ormec.com. Detailed specifications, manuals and videos for the XD-are available at www.ormec.com/Indexer